1-day in-person workshop
Trauma Essentials for Facilitators
Spend the day exploring, learning & practising embodiment tools with Mark Walsh at this beautiful studio in Brighton.
* Early-bird discount of $50 ends on October 1 *
If you work with people you need to know this stuff.
This workshop is suitable for:
People completely new to trauma education, but also people with some grounding in it, who want a refresh and some new angles on the topic. It will be practical, interactive and enjoyable. Yes, you can have a good time learning about trauma!
- What trauma is and isn’t
- Signs and symptoms
- What heals trauma
- How to make your work “trauma aware” (without being “trauma pandering”)
- Trauma, safety and ethics
- How trauma impacts learning
- How trauma awareness just makes you a better facilitator
Please note, the workshop will not be group therapy, will include humour, and requires basic adult robustness. Do not come if easily offended, or if you need 1-to-1 therapy, not group education.
- This is a non-residential retreat, so meals and accommodation are not included
- Venue: The Studio
- We are limiting spaces to 20 participants
- Due to the current global travel situation, we are unable to offer refunds unless we need to cancel the event itself for any reason
- Before booking travel, please check the UK’s government policy on travel into the country here.
- There will be filming and photography taking place, but don’t worry – we won’t post anything without your permission.
Meet your trainer
CEO and Founder, Embodiment Unlimited
“Mr Embodiment” (Mark Walsh) is the author of Embodiment, Working with the Body in Training and Coaching, and Embodied Meditation. He hosts The Embodiment Podcast (1 million+ downloads), and led The Embodiment Conference (1000 teachers, 500,000 delegates). Seeing a theme yet?
He founded the Embodied Facilitator Course, and has trained over 2000 embodiment coaches in over 40 other countries (some of which will even let him back in).
He gained an honours in psychology (despite been an alcoholic at the time), and has taught widely in the corporate world where he pretended to be a grown up for years, including with blue-chip companies (e.g. Unilever, Shell, Axa, L’Oreal) whom he charged wayyyy too much as they made him wear a suit.
He has also upset… sorry, taught… many yogis, NGOs, police officers and several militaries.
He has worked in war zones, and entertained over 50,000 children. He has headlined International Coach Federation events, taught at universities, lived with the circus in Ethiopia, taught celebrities and kissed a princess.
Mark is an aikido black belt, and also has 25 years of experience of other martial arts, with yoga, bodywork, improv comedy, conscious dance and meditation.
Embodiment is his obsession, life’s work, and frankly at this point he couldn’t get a job doing anything else. He dances like your dad at a wedding, overshares about his gorgeous Ukrainian wife, and offends pirates with his swearing.
He is now tired of writing in the third person.