3-day in-person workshop
Embodied Facilitator Workshop
Spend your weekend exploring, learning & practising embodiment tools with Mark Walsh and Karin van Maanen in this spacious urban setting.
* with special early-bird discount of $80 for friends of attendees *
Embodied practice IN THE FLESH
Deepen your own understanding of embodiment, and pick up pragmatic facilitation tools – with real people, together. Experiential, deep, enjoyable, face-to-face learning…away from Zoom!
Each day we will offer a morning practice of gentle embodied yoga and meditation, followed by two workshops and perhaps an optional evening session (schedule to be finalised). These will be rich explorations of embodied practice with live support and feedback, with plenty of space for connection with other attendees .
We will teach you Embodiment Unlimited tools such as the four elements coaching, Embodied Yoga Principles, centring and more. This in-person experience will give you the opportunity to get feedback from some of the core Embodiment Unlimited teaching team, to strengthen your personal practice, and allow you to work with embodiment more instinctively in your life.
- Embodied mindfulness
- Embodied intelligence
- The four elements
- Leader – follower practices
- Embodied Yoga Principles (suitable for non-yogis)
- Cultural embodiment
- Dance / free movement
- Trauma sensitivity
This workshop is for you, if you want:
- Some time out to reflect and recharge
- To gain practical tools for working with individuals and groups
- To compare and contrast embodied practises you have already learned
- Deepen your own embodiment
- A chance to get to know Mark, Karin and other embodiment people in person
- Some real life connection!
- To enhance online courses on embodiment you’re already doing
- To hear some bad jokes and see how rude Mark can be
- This is a non-residential retreat, so meals and accommodation are not included.
- Venue: 1.5 miles from Kings Cross. Arc Centre Islington.
- Spaces are limited.
- Due to the current global travel situation we are unable to offer refunds unless we need to cancel the event itself for any reason.
- Before booking travel, please check the UK’s government policy on travel into the country here.
- There will be filming and photography taking place, but you will have the option to opt out of being on camera if you are shy/not really, really good looking.
Karin van Maanen
Director of Meditation & Trainer, EFC & Embodiment Unlimited
Karin van Maanen is a yoga & meditation teacher with an MSc in Mindfulness Studies, and has been teaching compassion-based mindfulness full-time since 2008.
She delivers yoga teacher training courses, is a teacher-trainer of The Embodiment Toolkit, and is lead trainer of Embodied Meditation, having co-authored Embodied Meditation.
Karin has a background in community arts and works as a storyteller, often combining a range of embodied and creative approaches to support the personal and professional development of the people she works with.
Founder of Embodiment Unlimited, co-lead trainer EFC.
“Mr Embodiment” (Mark Walsh) is the author of Embodiment, Working with the Body in Training and Coaching, and Embodied Meditation. He hosts The Embodiment Podcast (1 million+ downloads), and led The Embodiment Conference (1000 teachers, 500,000 delegates). Seeing a theme yet?
He founded the Embodied Facilitator Course in the UK and Russia, and has trained over 2000 embodiment coaches in over 40 other countries (some of which will even let him back in).
He gained an honours in psychology (despite been an alcoholic at the time), and has taught widely in the corporate world where he pretended to be a grown up for years, including with blue-chip companies (e.g. Unilever, Shell, Axa, L’Oreal) whom he charged wayyyy too much as they made him wear a suit.
He has also upset… sorry, taught… many yogis, NGOs, police officers and several militaries.
He has worked in war zones, and entertained over 50,000 children. He has headlined International Coach Federation events, taught at Moscow State University, lived with the circus in Ethiopia, taught celebrities and kissed a princess.
Mark is an aikido black belt, and also has 25 years of experience of other martial arts, with yoga, bodywork, improv comedy, conscious dance and meditation.
Embodiment is his obsession, life’s work, and frankly at this point he couldn’t get a job doing anything else. He dances like your dad at a wedding, overshares about his gorgeous Ukrainian wife, and offends pirates with his swearing.
He is now tired of writing in the third person.
Room Manager, Embodiment coach, event manager, men’s work leader
Lee Stagles is a firestarter, storyteller and hammock swinger. He is an embodiment coach and menswork leader who helps men achieve their goals, overcome obstacles and make positive changes in their lives.
Before starting to support men, Lee worked for 20 years in the tyre industry. After a successful career as a tyre centre manager then self employed mobile fitter, Lee went to work for a local authority helping police, social services and members of the public from within the domestic abuse team.
Lockdowns led to a change of direction again and Lee is now hosting and facilitating online groups, in Menswork and storytelling and offering one to one sessions (in person and online).
Lee enjoys being outdoors, fire, slingshot practice and spending time with his granddaughter.