Increasingly we’ve noticed people are longing for mentors and really what we would call apprenticeship.
So we’ve made it happen.
Who are they for?
Professionals, who want:
- to become one of the best embodied facilitators humanity has produced
- to make a decent/better living from it
- to build a life-long learning network of friends and colleagues
- to have a good time doing the above
This offer is for our students who know and trust our work and our teachers, and are willing to commit to a two-year journey with our support.
Duration: 2 years
Choose your mentor:
LIVE mentorship elements:
120 minute small group session every other week (46 calls over 2 years)
We will cover the following topics:
- Relaxation: Comfort and ease in breathing, posture, and movement. Centered ways of dealing with pain and stress.
- Personal growth: Learning to sense the body foundations of emotional and spiritual states. Moving toward a way of living based on awareness, power and love.
- Task improvement: Efficient, injury free, confident functioning in areas such as music, sports, computer use, pregnancy, or daily life activities.
- Trauma work: Reclaiming the body after physical or sexual abuse, surgery, injuries, or other overwhelming events.
- Conflict resolution, communication, and assertiveness: Creating a body state of non-violence, confidence, and strong boundaries.
- Environmental sustainability: People must be able to act from power and love to overcome the terror and hopelessness of incipient ecological collapse and act effectively to prevent it.
50-minute online small group session with Karin Van Maanen monthly (24 calls over 2 years)
- Possibile live get together (with the permission of the Covid virus)
Additional materials from Paul:
- It’s All the Same Except for the Differences: Body Awareness, Wholeness, Peace, and Sustainability— My 50 Years of Martial Art Practice
- Confusion: Body Awareness, Intentional Movement & Clear Language as Foundations for Aikido Practice – My 50 Years in Aikido (4 hour video)
- Winning is Healing: Body Awareness and Empowerment for Abuse Survivors
- Embodied Peacemaking: Body Awareness, Self-Regulation and Conflict Resolution Hands-On Teaching: Enhancing Body Awareness and Self-Regulation
- Feeling Aikido: Body Awareness Training as a Foundation for Aikido Practice Embodying Power And Love: Body Awareness & Self- Regulation (10 hour video).
- Talking with the Body: Training for Helping Professionals (10 hour video)
* The first three months will be a trial period which will allow people to experience how all of us will begin to build the teaching/learning structure. If it is not a good fit, we will mutually decide how to proceed.
**Strong priority will be given for applicants who are currently practicing martial arts.
To apply, click here
Choose your mentor:
LIVE mentorship elements:
- 90-minute 1-to-1 calls with Patricia every 6 weeks (16 sessions over 2 years)
- 50-minute online small group session with Patricia every month (24 calls over 2 years)
- 50-minute online small group session with Karin Van Maanen monthly (24 calls over 2 years)
- Small peer group weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly (you decide which and we help you arrange)
- Four learning half days a year online (dates given well in advance)
- A trauma assessment session with Patricia
- You will be invited to additional face to face courses
- Network, peer, and business opportunities are huge
- You are welcome to join team sessions for courses to see how we work “behind the scenes”, a GREAT way to learn
- Extra subject specific tutorials/classes
All online courses from Embodiment Unlimited:
ALL Embodiment Unlimited professional online courses during mentorship 2022 – 2023 ($14 000 worth)
Courses planned for 2022:
- Embodied meditation teacher training – LIVE six month course starting in January (Karin & Martin A) – NEW
- Facilitators Trauma Course – LIVE and fairly chunky – NEW
- Certification of Embodiment coaching – LIVE
- Extended Ethical Marketing – LIVE and including PBB content, focusing on facilitators
- EYP – pre-recorded course, but including a LIVE part
Existing course library including:
- Embodied boundaries (release in October 2021)
- Moving beyond Trauma with Ilan Stephani (released in September 2021)
- Empowered Relationships (released in August 2021)
- 21 Days to Better Sleep (released in June 2021)
- Embodiment Coaching
- Everyday Embodiment
- Ethical Marketing (2021)
- Purpose Black Belt (2021)
- FEC (recordings from 2021)
- CEC (recordings from 2021)
How you will benefit
Ways to use tutorials with Karin or Paul (see above for more details on differences):
- Encouragement and love!
- Practice and course selection support (you can’t do them all at once)
- Technical questions
- Marketing help, sales funnels and brand discussion
- Feedback (must be open to this)
- Accountability (also a “must be willing”). This will likely be done peer-peer and with the course manager more than Mark in detail, but I will keep kicking your arse 🙂
- Coming with 1-2 things to work on
- Reframing and getting new perspectives
- Brainstorming ideas
- Establishing practices and routines
- Further resources – sign-posting
- Requesting connections (e.g. people, newsletter or social connection)
- Building embodied capacities – e.g. saying no
- You attend all live mentorship sessions
- You attend peer group meetings
- You attend one in person events
- You keep a regular daily meditation and 5 hours a week MINIMUM embodied practice (you choose but we’ll check and challenge).
This stuff will not be policed, you’re a grown up.
Our relationship is:
- Mature. Teacher-student, but adult-adult
- Ethical (free choice etc.)
Financial commitment up front after discussion to establish a good fit. While the numbers look big upfront, if you do the math of what’s included, you’ll find it’s an incredible overall saving for someone who is serious about becoming an “exceptional” embodiment facilitator.
We’re offering A LOT… So (in advance) no, you can’t have a discount if you already bought some of our courses 🙂 Also, non-refundable.
* If something in the company changes and we don’t offer all these, we will offer intensives or 1-on-1s to compensate at no extra charge. The business is fairly fluid but we have a solid plan for 6+ courses a year, 4 live six-month ones (like CEC) and 2+ evergreen ones (like EYP).
Fees for 2 years (Paul) or 1.5 years (Karin). Check out each mentor’s page in detail to see the slight differences in what is included.
Starting from $8000
*3 spots still available
Starting from $3000
*10 spots still available
You will get access to everything that’s already available right away.
You’ll have full access to your content as soon as you register and pay.
How to apply:
This offer is limited to 12 participants in each programme. Some spots are already taken.
Fill in the form and we’ll set up an interview with you.
Honestly, we’re more likely to take people we know well and trust, and who are open and humble – as frankly, 18+ months is a long time, so we have to get on. If you’re not sure if you can be a real student open to learning DO NOT APPLY.
Be sure, as you’re taking a precious place we can’t fill later and there are no refunds.
Time is limited on this offer:
1. The final application date is December 10th, though the places may be filled earlier.
2. If you’re interested but still have questions, fill in the application. We’re not interested in recruiting students who aren’t a good fit, so don’t worry – we won’t be selling you hard, but WILL be able to address your questions.
Unlucky, no refund
Yes. If you take off your expert twat-hat and have the humility to be a real apprentice.