18-month mentorship programme with Karin van Maanen
Who is it for?
People who want to:
- deepen their own embodiment significantly
- take a professional step forward in the embodiment space
- be one of the best embodiment facilitators the world has ever seen
- build a life-long learning network of friends and colleagues
- have a good time doing the above
Duration: 18 Months
Karin’s mentorship is offered in three tiers:
You will get:
- 15 one-to-one personalised mentoring and supervision calls with Karin (calls will be monthly and last 30 minutes)
- 17 group calls for Karin’s mentees only. Time with Karin and a small intimate group (generally on the 2nd Monday of the month if that isn’t a major holiday in Europe or US in which case it will be an alternative Monday)
- Invitation to join monthly group calls for all EU mentees
- 5 online 2-hour group practice workshops exploring embodied meditation, relevant aspects of the Embodied Toolkit and Embodied Yoga and the embodiment models and techniques applied in other EU courses
- Free access to Karin’s weekly online meditation group (currently on Tuesdays at 11.45am UK time)
- Access to all EU self-paced courses.
How it works:
You’ll get immediate access to all self-paced content
New mentees will be invited to arrange an introductory one-to-one call with Karin of 45 minutes in June or July.
The first introductory group call will be on Monday 18th July 7pm UK time.
This round of the programme finishes in December 2023.
How to apply:
This offer is limited to 10 people.
Fill in the form and we’ll set up an interview with you.
We’re more likely to take people we know well and trust, and who are open and humble – as frankly, 18 months is a long time, so we have to get on.
If you’re not sure if you can be a real student open to learning DO NOT APPLY.
Be sure, as you’re taking a precious place we can’t fill later and there are no refunds.
More about Karin...
Karin reached a half century in age in 2021 so has accrued a reasonable amount of useful life experience. She’s lived in two countries and has travelled quite a bit. She’s been practising yoga and meditation for 21 years and her curiosity about the marvels of this universe drives her forward to keep exploring and learning herself. Some people call her wise.
Her curiosity extends to other people, especially those who want to make the world a better place. She is particularly interested in supporting people who are eager to learn and want to be in service to humanity (especially to less advantaged humans).
She lived in The Netherlands until the age of 25 and then moved to the UK where she has spent most of her time since. In her teens and twenties, she was very interested in performing and creative arts and studied performing arts in Amsterdam and at the University of Kent in England. She ended up in arts management in different roles from fundraising to developing projects with a wide range of communities. She worked in prisons, schools, residential homes for older people, with people who have disabilities, and with disadvantaged communities in areas of high deprivation.
After completing an MSc in Mindfulness Studies in 2010 she went on to teach mindfulness in different countries. In the past decade, she travelled widely to study and practice Buddhism with different teachers, mostly in the Zen Plum Village and Tibetan Buddhist traditions.
She has been successfully self-employed for nearly 20 years and has an illustrious career which is still growing and flourishing, encompassing:
- Yoga and meditation teacher since 2008
- Embodiment trainer and coach since 2017
- Embodied Yoga Principles teacher-trainer
- Co-lead trainer on Embodiment Unlimited’s Embodied Meditation Teacher Training
- Trainer on several of Embodiment Unlimited’s courses
- Yoga and meditation teacher training, including complex course content design for accredited courses
- Professional supervision for yoga and mindfulness teachers
- MSc in Mindfulness Studies from the University of Aberdeen
- BSc in Performing Arts from the University of Amsterdam
- Performing arts (design, performance and management)
- Community arts (research, fundraising, delivery and project management)
- Marketing manager for theatres and arts centres
- CEO for an arts in criminal justice organisation involving developing complex partnerships between UK government departments, prisons and arts organisations
- On the board of trustees for several UK-based charities, one of which works internationally
- Mentor for self-employed creatives and start-up social enterprises
MAIN EMBODIED PRACTICE EXPERIENCE
- Yoga – eclectic mix of influences by now!
- Meditation – Tibetan Buddhist, Zen and Embodied Meditation
- Dance (5Rhythms, NIA)
OTHER RANDOM STUFF WHICH YOU MIGHT FIND INTERESTING
- Interviewer for The Embodiment Podcast
- Co-wrote the book Embodied Meditation with Mark Walsh
- Taught yoga in Bhutan
- Conductor of rituals
- Certified fire walk facilitator
- Grandmother of two under 3’s