LIVE mentorship elements:
120 minute small group session every other week (46 calls over 2 years)
We will cover the following topics:
- Relaxation: Comfort and ease in breathing, posture, and movement. Centered ways of dealing with pain and stress.
- Personal growth: Learning to sense the body foundations of emotional and spiritual states. Moving toward a way of living based on awareness, power and love.
- Task improvement: Efficient, injury free, confident functioning in areas such as music, sports, computer use, pregnancy, or daily life activities.
- Trauma work: Reclaiming the body after physical or sexual abuse, surgery, injuries, or other overwhelming events.
- Conflict resolution, communication, and assertiveness: Creating a body state of non-violence, confidence, and strong boundaries.
- Environmental sustainability: People must be able to act from power and love to overcome the terror and hopelessness of incipient ecological collapse and act effectively to prevent it.
50-minute online small group session with Karin van Maanen monthly (once-per-month until the end of 2023)
- Possible live get together (with the permission of coronavirus)
Additional materials from Paul:
- “It’s All the Same Except for the Differences: Body Awareness, Wholeness, Peace, and Sustainability” — My 50 Years of Martial Art Practice
- “Confusion: Body Awareness, Intentional Movement & Clear Language as Foundations for Aikido Practice” – My 50 Years in Aikido (4 hour video)
- “Winning is Healing: Body Awareness and Empowerment for Abuse Survivors”
- “Embodied Peacemaking: Body Awareness, Self-Regulation and Conflict Resolution Hands-On Teaching: Enhancing Body Awareness and Self-Regulation”
- “Feeling Aikido: Body Awareness Training as a Foundation for Aikido Practice” and “Embodying Power And Love: Body Awareness & Self- Regulation” (10 hours of video).
- “Talking with the Body: Training for Helping Professionals” (10 hour video)
* The first three months will be a trial period which will allow people to experience how all of us will begin to build the teaching/learning structure. If it is not a good fit, we will mutually decide how to proceed.
**Strong priority will be given for applicants who are currently practicing martial arts.