2-day in-person workshop
Facilitation & Conscious Dance
Spend two days practising embodied coaching and conscious dance with Mark Walsh and Rikke Libak at this beautiful studio in Copenhagen, Denmark.
* Early-bird discount of $50 ends on July 20 *
Embodied practice IN THE FLESH
Deepen your own understanding of embodiment, and pick up pragmatic coaching tools – with real people, together. Experiential, deep, enjoyable, face-to-face learning…away from Zoom!
Each day will offer gentle conscious dance, embodied yoga and meditation, along with workshops to enhance your coaching practice. These will be rich explorations of embodied practice with live support and feedback, with plenty of space for connection with other attendees. You will connect with your bodily sense perceptions and upgrade your embodied coaching skills.
Building on a foundation of your own embodiment from the conscious dance practice, we will teach you practical embodied coaching tools. These will be useful for anyone who works 1-1 supporting people and group facilitators.
- Embodied intelligence
- Dance / free movement
- Leader – follower practices
- Cultural embodiment
- Trauma sensitivity
This facilitation and dance retreat is for you, if you want:
- Some time out to reflect and recharge
- To gain practical tools for working with individuals and groups
- To compare and contrast embodied practises you have already learned
- Deepen your own embodiment
- A chance to get to know Mark and other embodiment people in person
- Some real life connection!
- To enhance online courses on embodiment you’re already doing
- To hear some bad jokes and see how rude Mark can be
- This is a non-residential retreat, so meals and accommodation are not included
- Venue: TBA
- We are limiting spaces to 25 participants
- We require a minimum of 10 participants confirmed by July 9 to hold this event. Please don’t book your travel and accommodation before this date. We will refund anyone who books before this date if it becomes clear the event cannot happen.
- Due to the current global travel situation, we are unable to offer refunds unless we need to cancel the event itself for any reason
- Before booking travel, please check Denmark’s government policy on travel into the country here.
- There will be filming and photography taking place.
Meet the team
Founder of Embodiment Unlimited
“Mr Embodiment” (Mark Walsh) is the author of Embodiment, Working with the Body in Training and Coaching, and Embodied Meditation. He hosts The Embodiment Podcast (1 million+ downloads), and led The Embodiment Conference (1000 teachers, 500,000 delegates). Seeing a theme yet?
He founded the Embodied Facilitator Course, and has trained over 2000 embodiment coaches in over 40 other countries (some of which will even let him back in).
He gained an honours in psychology (despite been an alcoholic at the time), and has taught widely in the corporate world where he pretended to be a grown up for years, including with blue-chip companies (e.g. Unilever, Shell, Axa, L’Oreal) whom he charged wayyyy too much as they made him wear a suit.
He has also upset… sorry, taught… many yogis, NGOs, police officers and several militaries.
He has worked in war zones, and entertained over 50,000 children. He has headlined International Coach Federation events, taught at Moscow State University, lived with the circus in Ethiopia, taught celebrities and kissed a princess.
Mark is an aikido black belt, and also has 25 years of experience of other martial arts, with yoga, bodywork, improv comedy, conscious dance and meditation.
Embodiment is his obsession, life’s work, and frankly at this point he couldn’t get a job doing anything else. He dances like your dad at a wedding, overshares about his gorgeous Ukrainian wife, and offends pirates with his swearing.
He is now tired of writing in the third person.
Conscious dance and relating facilitator
After working professionally with stress relief for years as a nurse and as a mindfulness instructor (MBSR), Rikke became curious to examine the positive effects on people’s mental and physical well-being by combining her knowledge of prophylactic healthcare with her lifelong conscious dancing practice.
For 20 years, her passion has been to utilise the healing powers of dancing, the attitudes of mindfulness and conscious connecting as an antidote to stress, and as a transformational route to wellbeing, creativity and joy.
Rikke facilitates workshops and retreats on conscious dance, polarity and conscious relating in the Nordics. She facilitates online for an international audience. Moreover, she is a driving force in building conscious dance communities in Copenhagen.
Her workshops attract a diverse group of people from young yoga practitioners to senior business people. Her vision is that conscious dance becomes relevant and accessible for all to generate more heartful connections in the world.